Our mission to provide quality behavior health and education programs to youth and families is guided by seven standing principles. These Guiding Principles lay the framework for all of our interventions with clients, families and support networks to ensure all needs are identified, validated and incorporated into the therapeutic process.
The New Foundation’s Guiding Principles
- As a treatment team we will respect everyone’s values and support the child and family without judgment.
- We will make every effort to engage the child, family, and support network.
- We recognize that families define their own culture and every family has a different set of values.
- All families have strengths which get them through the rough times. We will help the child and family identify these strengths and build upon them.
- Every child has different needs. We will help the child and family identify and evaluate their needs.
- All behavior has a purpose. We will help the child and family understand the purpose behind the behavior and explore healthy and effective alternatives to deal with needs.
- We will be creative with the interventions utilized, recognizing that one intervention does not meet everyone’s needs.